Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » "Unresolved resource" error occurring during Collaborative work(Trying to troubleshoot a recurring issue hapening using Papyrus in collaborative workflow)
"Unresolved resource" error occurring during Collaborative work [message #1792991] Fri, 27 July 2018 07:27 Go to next message
Julien ROPE is currently offline Julien ROPEFriend

Hi,

We have some users of Papyrus using the collaborative workflow to edit diagrams.
Now and then, they get an error on one of the files : the "unresolved resource" error. I'm trying to get more detail from them (is the file actually missing ? Can they recover it by SVN/local history? etc).

Now I'm not sure whether the problem is an issue in their setup, workflow, or a plain bug.
Since I didn't find any similar topic in this forum, or in the bug tracker, I expect it to be an environment error, but I didn't find much information about the required setup to put this feature in place.

So I'd like some advice to understand the expected use cases and requirements, so that I can help them troubleshoot and fix it.

The setup is the following :
- Eclipse Neon v 4.6.0
- Papyrus v 2.0.2
- Using SVN as underlying source control

They are running on a Linux environment.

Their process is the following :
- size of the team : 6 people
- when they need to edit something, they first use the "lock" function at the project level, making sure other people can't edit it
- at some point, one of the files won't open with the reported error "unresolved resource". This seem to be on arbitrary files

Does this setup and workflow looks right ?

Do you have any pointers for documentation / best practices for collaborative setup ?

Do you have any idea for troubleshooting this error?

Best regards,
Julien

Re: "Unresolved resource" error occurring during Collaborative work [message #1793128 is a reply to message #1792991] Tue, 31 July 2018 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrick Tessier is currently offline Patrick TessierFriend
Hi, could send me the log error?
Re: "Unresolved resource" error occurring during Collaborative work [message #1793133 is a reply to message #1793128] Tue, 31 July 2018 13:05 Go to previous message
Julien ROPE is currently offline Julien ROPEFriend
Here it is (attached).

Thanks for looking into it.
  • Attachment: Papyrus.log
    (Size: 888.59KB, Downloaded 81 times)
Previous Topic:Disabling "Active Gradient" in Papyrus
Next Topic:C++ Code Generation and Port properties
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:41:41 GMT 2024