Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Problem on auto create representations
Problem on auto create representations [message #1792044] Tue, 10 July 2018 13:10 Go to next message
Bo Zhang is currently offline Bo ZhangFriend
I enabled 'Initialization' configuration in Diagram Description.
When I select my viewpoint, the diagram will created automatically.

But, when I copy a new model file to my project. the diagram can't created automatically for the new model file, even though I reselect the viewpoint.

So how to implement the function that automatically create diagram for new model file? Or is it a defect in Sirius?
Re: Problem on auto create representations [message #1792187 is a reply to message #1792044] Thu, 12 July 2018 12:26 Go to previous message
Pierre-Charles David is currently offline Pierre-Charles DavidFriend
At first glance it looks like a bug, or maybe just an intended limitation of this feature. The documentation says:

Quote:

If Initialization is set, then when the viewpoint which contains this diagram description is enabled, instances of this diagram description will be automatically created on all compatible semantic elements.

As it is, "when the viewpoint which contains this diagram description is enabled" means "when the viewpoint is enabled *the first time*". The feature was added a very long time ago, it's hard to know if this was the intended behavior and the documentation was not precise enough, or if it's an overlook in the implementation.

Could you open a bugzilla to track it?

Pierre-Charles David - Obeo

Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Previous Topic:AQL check if object has feature
Next Topic:Any tricks to create an edge (line) without any source or target nodes ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 15:55:15 GMT 2024