Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Create an specific node on startup
Create an specific node on startup [message #1792008] Mon, 09 July 2018 19:42 Go to next message
Adalberto Jr is currently offline Adalberto JrFriend
Hello, friends.

I have a simple question:

How can I create some specific nodes automatically, when I start up a new diagram?

In my model, there are some objects that are required, always. All the time, the users must create them. I'd like to eliminate this operation for the users. That's it.

Regards.
Re: Create an specific node on startup [message #1792088 is a reply to message #1792008] Wed, 11 July 2018 07:52 Go to previous message
Pierre-Charles David is currently offline Pierre-Charles DavidFriend
Hi,

Directly inside the "Diagram Description" element in your VSM, you can create a "New Operation > Begin" element which will get executed when the diagram is first created. The operation is invoked in the context of the semantic element on which the diagram is created, so you can create your required elements there, and if you have defined mappings to display them they will appear on the newly created diagram (but that last part is not required).

Note that if the presence of these elements is an important semantic requirement, it may not be a good idea to rely on the creation a a Sirius diagram to create them.

Regards,

Pierre-Charles David - Obeo

Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Previous Topic:Exception is being thrown when running plugin
Next Topic:AQL check if object has feature
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 21 11:35:41 GMT 2018