Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Terminating process being debugged takes much longer in Photon
Terminating process being debugged takes much longer in Photon [message #1791835] Thu, 05 July 2018 23:50 Go to next message
David M. Karr is currently offline David M. KarrFriend
I upgraded from Oxygen to Photon a few days ago. There are several things I like about the new version.

One thing that seems to be not quite as good is when I terminate a process that I'm debugging. In my case, it's a SpringBoot application. In Oxygen, this would happen reasonably quickly. After clicking one of the red Terminate buttons (I always see two in my icon bar), I think it would take less than 5 seconds for the Debug panel to clear out and indicate the process was terminated.

In Photon, this often takes up to a full minute now. I'm executing the same tests that I did before in Oxygen.

[Updated on: Fri, 06 July 2018 00:15]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Terminating process being debugged takes much longer in Photon [message #1791956 is a reply to message #1791835] Mon, 09 July 2018 03:59 Go to previous message
Sarika Sinha is currently offline Sarika SinhaFriend
Please create a bug at https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/ so that it can be tracked and fixed.
Attaching a simple Eclipse SDK project will help.

Sarika Sinha
JDT Programmer
Previous Topic:builtin bug reporter: "server workload limit reached"
Next Topic:Manage Single Java Class used in Different Projects
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 15:57:26 GMT 2024