Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Eclipse Scout 8.0 (Photon) now available
Eclipse Scout 8.0 (Photon) now available [message #1791356] Thu, 28 June 2018 11:16 Go to next message
Patrick Baenziger is currently offline Patrick BaenzigerFriend
The Eclipse Scout team is proud to announce that Eclipse Scout 8.0 is now available as part of the Eclipse Photon release train.

Highlights include:

• Support for hierarchical tables!
  • A brand new "Tag"-Field
  • Layout your tiles in a beautiful reflowing grid with "TileGrid"
  • The outline overviews are now visually more appealing
  • Improved support for providing REST interfaces
  • New, modern, field style (simple underlined field instead of a box)
  • Adding fields to a groupbox or tabbox at runtime is now possible! (limitations apply)
  • Consistent naming of properties
  • Improvements to many existing fields: Groupbox, Tabbox, ImageField, ...

There are way too many things to point out here. Check out the release notes for all the details!

Our documentation and demo-apps have been updated too! We now offer a separate documentation for ScoutJS developers, in addition to the regular technical documentation.

The demo-apps also have received an overhaul and are ready to show off all the slick new fields, features and field style.

Some features are also highlighted in our blog post.

[Updated on: Thu, 28 June 2018 11:18]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Eclipse Scout 8.0 (Photon) now available [message #1792098 is a reply to message #1791356] Wed, 11 July 2018 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Peter Pfeifer is currently offline Peter PfeiferFriend

Hello there,

I just wanted to say a big thank you for all the work you have done to release the next verion of your awesome framework. I appreciate this very much. It's a pleasure building applications with Scout.

But it wouldn't be if I hadn't a request :) Would it be possible that you update your Eclipse Scout / Spring Boot showcase to the most recent versions of Scout and Spring Boot? That would be so awesome :)

Thanks in advance,

Peter
Re: Eclipse Scout 8.0 (Photon) now available [message #1792295 is a reply to message #1792098] Sat, 14 July 2018 19:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrick Baenziger is currently offline Patrick BaenzigerFriend
Hello Peter

Thanks for your feedback! We're glad you like Scout Photon :)

Regarding your request: I can't make any promises, but I will pass this along to the author of the showcase.
Since he's on a tour around the world, it might take a while...

Cheers,
Patrick
Re: Eclipse Scout 8.0 (Photon) now available [message #1794269 is a reply to message #1792295] Tue, 28 August 2018 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi there,

Patrick Bänziger wrote on Sat, 14 July 2018 19:19
Hello Peter
Regarding your request: I can't make any promises, but I will pass this along to the author of the showcase.
Since he's on a tour around the world, it might take a while...

That's good for him and bad for me. :)

Since I have no pressure yet to deliver a new version of my application I can wait.

But nonetheless I'd really appreciate the effort when there is an update to Boot 2.0 :)

Thanks,

Peter
Re: Eclipse Scout 8.0 (Photon) now available [message #1799233 is a reply to message #1794269] Mon, 03 December 2018 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Zimmermann is currently offline Matthias ZimmermannFriend
hi peter

unfortunately, i am no longer working with the scout team and my focus has shifted away from scout accordingly. as a result upgrading of the scoutboot repository will depend on the community involvement and/or the scout team.

@peter, @scout-team, @community
i hope you will find a way to move this forward without me because i am convinced that scout boot still is a pretty cool approach :-)

best regards
matthias
Re: Eclipse Scout 8.0 (Photon) now available [message #1799237 is a reply to message #1799233] Mon, 03 December 2018 08:21 Go to previous message

Matthias Zimmermann wrote on Mon, 03 December 2018 06:48
hi peter

unfortunately, i am no longer working with the scout team and my focus has shifted away from scout accordingly. as a result upgrading of the scoutboot repository will depend on the community involvement and/or the scout team.

@peter, @scout-team, @community
i hope you will find a way to move this forward without me because i am convinced that scout boot still is a pretty cool approach :-)

best regards
matthias

Oh that's sad the hear :(

But yes, I also think that the scout boot approach is a cool one, but unfortunately I'm not as a good developer as it needs to get this migration done.

So any help is deeply appreciated. Will there be any chance?

Thanks, Peter
Previous Topic:Scanner Application with injected JavaScript
Next Topic:Layout on Form Scout 8
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:05:22 GMT 2024