Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Plugin Development on Windows and Mac(Problems when moving plugin development from Windows to Mac)
Plugin Development on Windows and Mac [message #1790888] Tue, 19 June 2018 16:53
Joel Ivey is currently offline Joel IveyFriend
I have developed plugins that work on Eclipse in a Windows environment. I recently started to use the plugins on Eclipse in a Mac environment and they loaded, but on running they showed a null error. The plugins load M routines from a server for editing and saving back to the server, the error was attempting to retrieve information from the server it connects to, when a bad port number was used, it gave the expected unable to connect error, so the null error was related to processes after connection. To debug it, I downloaded the committer version on my Mac and copied the code for the plugin involved into a plugin project I had created with the same name. However, I found that many of the jar files that my project imported from the Windows eclipse environment were not present in the Mac environment. Is development on the two operating systems really incompatible? Do I need to attempt to go through and identify equivalent (hopefully they exist) jar files on the mac to use them instead?
Previous Topic:importing Source code
Next Topic:Eclipse USRPE312
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 14:28:57 GMT 2024