Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » [Sirius] Arrange-all layout with auto-size containers
[Sirius] Arrange-all layout with auto-size containers [message #1790435] Mon, 11 June 2018 02:01 Go to next message
lee lucky is currently offline lee luckyFriend
Hi, Sirius team:
Recently, I was researching arrange-all layout in Sirius diagram. I saw an option in Window-->Preferences-->Sirius Diagram page, called "Auto-size containers during arrange-all action".
1). If this option is checked, the size of containers will be auto-sized. And if I enlarge the font size of the container label, the container size will be adapted to the font size of the container label and the container label will be fully displayed.
2). If this option is unchecked, the size of containers will not be auto-sized. And if I enlarge the font size of the container label, the container size will not be changed and the container label will not be fully displayed.

Actually, I want to use ELK(Eclipse Layout Kernel) to layout Sirius diagram. I have installed ELK in my platform and modified the GmfDiagramLayoutConnector to adapt to Sirius and ELK. But I still have many problems about this modified GmfDiagramLayoutConnector.
One problem is the container size is not changed when I enlarge the font size of the container label, after the ELK layout is executed with the "Auto-size containers during arrange-all action" set to be true.
I want my container size to be auto sized and can be auto-sized when enlarges its font size or something after ELK layout. How can I fix it in my GmfDiagramLayoutConnector or somewhere else? Can you give me some advices or hints?

Thanks very much and hope for your reply.

Re: [Sirius] Arrange-all layout with auto-size containers [message #1790481 is a reply to message #1790435] Mon, 11 June 2018 15:03 Go to previous message
Pierre-Charles David is currently offline Pierre-Charles DavidFriend
lee lucky wrote on Mon, 11 June 2018 04:01

Actually, I want to use ELK(Eclipse Layout Kernel) to layout Sirius diagram. I have installed ELK in my platform and modified the GmfDiagramLayoutConnector to adapt to Sirius and ELK. But I still have many problems about this modified GmfDiagramLayoutConnector.
One problem is the container size is not changed when I enlarge the font size of the container label, after the ELK layout is executed with the "Auto-size containers during arrange-all action" set to be true.
I want my container size to be auto sized and can be auto-sized when enlarges its font size or something after ELK layout. How can I fix it in my GmfDiagramLayoutConnector or somewhere else? Can you give me some advices or hints?

Hi.

Sirius 6.0.0 which will be released soon will support an experimental integration of ELK. Basically when this optional feature is installed, you (the specifier) can configure which ELK algorithm and parameters to use for each Sirius diagram type. I know we've had to deal with this particular issue in our integration, see https://git.eclipse.org/r/c/121331/ for example. There are still many other things to iron out and to improve on this integration (as I said, it's still experimental). If you're already working on this area do not hesitate to propose patches, or even just to open tickets on specific issues or improvements ideas.

Regards,

Pierre-Charles David - Obeo

Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Previous Topic:Properties view
Next Topic:Make it easier to use the Edge Creation Tool
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 23:36:16 GMT 2024