Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Duplicate toolbars(Toolbars duplicated after upgrading from 3.x to 4.x compatibility layer.)
Duplicate toolbars [message #1790239] Thu, 07 June 2018 10:48 Go to next message
Terabyte Mising name is currently offline Terabyte Mising nameFriend
Just been through the process of upgrading our platform to the latest eclipse version from 3.x to 4.x with compatibility mode enabled (there's no pure e4 stuff).

Custom toolbars that were declared within the Extensions org.eclipse.ui.menu are duplicated when rendered. So if there was 1 toolbar containing 3 buttons declared in the extentions, there are now 2 toolbars containing 3 buttons rendered on screen. The duplication is sequential; So one full set of all toolbars, followed by all the duplicates.

Any thoughts on what could cause this duplication when migrating?

[Updated on: Thu, 07 June 2018 12:18]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Duplicate toolbars [message #1790252 is a reply to message #1790239] Thu, 07 June 2018 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
It sounds like bug 413492, which can occur when the app is killed or crashes. You can run with `-clearPersistedData` to throw away the .../.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.e4.workbench/workbench.xmi file.
Re: Duplicate toolbars [message #1843751 is a reply to message #1790252] Mon, 16 August 2021 17:34 Go to previous message
Brandon Lewis is currently offline Brandon LewisFriend
Thanks for the quick reply and link to information!

I tried the -clearPersistedData, I may have done it incorrectly, but ultimately I wiped the runtime workspace I was working in and now things are back to normal.

For a second there my entire concept of EMF came crashing down all around me. Yikes! :-)
Previous Topic:dirty parts sometimes not shown for saving on application closing
Next Topic:How to use maven with RCP applications
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 23:17:20 GMT 2024