Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » How to customize devices?(How to customize devices?)
How to customize devices? [message #1790025] Sun, 03 June 2018 14:08 Go to next message
Henry Bao is currently offline Henry BaoFriend
Hi, I downloaded 4diac-ide, and create project. Then I can use FORTE_PC device to connect to PC rte, or RaspberryPI for RaspberryPI device.

How can I add my own device into the devices list? If there is any document for that, please send me the link, I checked the help document, but found nothing about this topic. May be I missed some part.

Thanks a lot!
Best Regards,
Henry
  • Attachment: device.png
    (Size: 113.55KB, Downloaded 11 times)
Re: How to customize devices? [message #1790191 is a reply to message #1790025] Wed, 06 June 2018 19:06 Go to previous message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend
Hi Henry,

currently 4diac needs only the MGR_ID for connecting with your device. Therefore all the devices you see in the list are just copies of the same XML file with changed names. For testing with your own device you can savely use the FORTE_PC device for testing.

To get your own device in the list: just go into the devices directory, take the FORTE_PC.dev file and copy it to a new file with the name of your device. Then open this file with a text editor or in 4diac-ide (there you will also get a text editor), and change the value of the Name attribute to the name of your device (i.e., filename and name attribute value should match). And voila you have your own device.

I've attached you a screenshot to show you how I did this for a device called MY_DEVICE in 4diac ide.

Cheers,
Alois

P.S.: As I'm always curious about where 4diac usage. Can you tell as more about your device?
  • Attachment: MY_DEV.png
    (Size: 139.43KB, Downloaded 20 times)
Previous Topic:4DIAC-RTE: have I misunderstood data type architecture?
Next Topic:Publish/Subscribe and Client/Server FBs with more SDs and RDs inputs and outputs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Sep 22 20:51:12 GMT 2018