Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Using Build Output Parser With Custom Language
Using Build Output Parser With Custom Language [message #1789920] Thu, 31 May 2018 19:43
Amandio Neves is currently offline Amandio NevesFriend
Hi Everyone!

I'm using an IDE for programming a microcontroller based on Eclipse Kepler. The microcontroller vendor is XMOS and in addition to supporting C and C++ they have their own language called xC. This customized version of Eclipse supports all 3 languages via plugins that the vendor has written.

I've enabled the Build Output Parser in my project's properties so that symbols that are defined and passed to the compiler via the makefile get parsed and added to the indexer. This works very well for my .c and .cpp files. However, it looks like the symbols that the parser detects and add to the .c and .cpp files are not added to my .xc files (xC source files).

I'm wondering, is there a way I can tell eclipse that files with a .xc file extension are in fact source code files and as such should be associated with the build output parser when it finds symbols?

Thanks!
Previous Topic:Can't compile C++ inside eclipse
Next Topic:Failure to execute MI command during Debug - Helios
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 01:26:14 GMT 2024