Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Hello All (And a question)(Newcomer greeting & question regarding Spring Boot/Tomcat)
Hello All (And a question) [message #1787494] Sat, 26 May 2018 18:26 Go to next message
Brandon Campbell is currently offline Brandon CampbellFriend
Hello everyone, my name is Brandon. I am a recent graduate with a bachelor's degree of computer science. One thing I noticed many employers wanting was skills with Spring Boot application development. After seeing this, I set out to create a functional Spring Boot MVC website with MySQL Database support. It took me awhile to find a tutorial that addressed both MySQL connections and front-end JSP pages, but I found one here: [can't post link yet]

Everything was going great until I tried to export the project to a .war file and deploy it on my AWS hosted Ubuntu server with Tomcat installed. I succeeded in deploying the application, but every single page shows a 404 error. Confused, I checked within the Spring IDE clicking "run as java application", and it worked fine. Then I thought...what if I click "Run On Server"? When I did this, I got the same behavior as when I deployed it to my remote Tomcat--i.e. all pages showed 404 errors. If anyone could assist me, I would be incredibly grateful--I feel like I am so close to getting where I want...as everything works as expected...just not when "run as server". The link to my project is here on git: [can't post link yet] and if you need any more details and wish to help me please let me know, I'll provide whatever information I can.

Glad to be a part of the Eclipse community :) . It was my first IDE, and I still love using it.
Re: Hello All (And a question) [message #1787506 is a reply to message #1787494] Sun, 27 May 2018 16:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bitbucket: https://bitbucket.org/campbellb1/brandonwebsite/src

Tutorial I was following: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz3AqNRAaqA
Re: Hello All (And a question) [message #1787555 is a reply to message #1787506] Mon, 28 May 2018 19:30 Go to previous message
Ah!!! I found the answer! I don't exactly know why this works, but it allowed my application to "Run on Server" and finally be deployed to my Tomcat Server. The answer lies in this post here if anyone else runs into this damnable issue: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/14971808/running-tomcat-from-within-eclipse-always-gives-me-404-but-index-html-works/30782479

Thanks to those who took the time to read this, I'm just glad it's finally working. Spring is a really cool framework, so I'm finally glad to be able to start using it on a live server.
Previous Topic:How can get all the enumeration literals using AQL for my select widget
Next Topic:Eclipse Neon - Nebula RichText icon
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 10:35:44 GMT 2024