Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » Executing rules multiple multiple times with a single match
Executing rules multiple multiple times with a single match [message #1787434] Fri, 25 May 2018 09:57 Go to next message
Michiel Fortuin is currently offline Michiel FortuinFriend
I want to create a transformation in ETL that creates from a flowchart like model a tree. Where the nodes in the tree are choices in the flowchart model, and the every leaf represents a trace through that flowchart model.
To do that i have created a rule that generates a node for every element in the flowchart, but some nodes in the flowchart, like the stop node, should exist multiple times in the tree.

Is it possible to create a rule that matches only to a single input element and for every reference made to that input element a new output element is created?
Re: Executing rules multiple multiple times with a single match [message #1787484 is a reply to message #1787434] Sat, 26 May 2018 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Michiel,

ETL rules are only executed once for each matching input. Would something like the following do the trick?

rule FlowchartElement2TreeElement
  transform in : Flowchart!FlowchartElement
  to out : Sequence{Tree!TreeElement} {

for (ref in referencesTo(in)) {
    var treeElement : new Tree!TreeElement;
    out.add(treeElement);
  }

} 

Please note that referencesTo is not a built-in operation but one you'd need to implement.

Cheers,
Dimitris
Re: Executing rules multiple multiple times with a single match [message #1787534 is a reply to message #1787484] Mon, 28 May 2018 10:44 Go to previous message
Michiel Fortuin is currently offline Michiel FortuinFriend
hi,

Yeah I was already thinking that. I know that it is in ATL possible to do it, by using a lazy rule that is not unique.
Because I have an inheritance relation in a general item, I have used a recursive operation on the elements and used a for loop to generate all the children of a node.

Thanks

Michiel Fortuin
Previous Topic:EGL and CSV
Next Topic:Feature not found in undefined object
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 04:08:54 GMT 2024