Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Importing part of huge code base into eclipse/oxygen(Best way to interface to external build system)
Importing part of huge code base into eclipse/oxygen [message #1787048] Thu, 17 May 2018 17:52 Go to next message
Bruce Lowery is currently offline Bruce LoweryFriend
I'm part of a much larger linux C++ development team comprising many groups with dependencies.

I'd like to use eclipse/oxygen/cdt to continue development on my two repos.

An in-house build system (GNU-based) builds our software (dynamically constructs all compile and link commands based on other repo dependencies and their versions).

CDT does invoke our build system and builds my repos. however, the indexing is missing things such that, in the editor, many classes (both from my repo and other repos) are unrecognized (underlined in red) - as if the include files weren't indexed. In the Project pane, an "Includes" branch appears after a build - but it only shows 'standard' directories (e.g. /usr/include/...) - not the other repos include dirs or the 3rd party headers (e.g. boost).

Seems that i could manually add the missing include dirs, but that is painful since the other (many) repo versions change (and there are quite a few of them). Also, i'm part of a larger team and would rather we not all have to manually accommodate this.

If the preceding is under clear enough, can someone suggest a way to handle this?
Re: Importing part of huge code base into eclipse/oxygen [message #1787119 is a reply to message #1787048] Sat, 19 May 2018 07:34 Go to previous message
David VavraFriend
There are a number of discovery providers in
Project --> Properties --> C/C++ General --> Preprocessor Include Paths, Macros etc. --> Providers tab
They are generally for processing GCC builds.

If your method of building is similar enough to Eclipse builds (using make and GCC)
then you may be able to use the existing providers.

Otherwise, you will need to either write your own or use manual entry.
Previous Topic:Unresolved inclusion: <iostream>
Next Topic:Enabling auto complete in eclipse CDT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 03:59:32 GMT 2024