Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » JFace » Pack tree columns on property sheet entry change
Pack tree columns on property sheet entry change [message #1786925] Tue, 15 May 2018 22:20
Xi Jin is currently offline Xi JinFriend
We have an RCP app which uses a Tree and its corresponding TreeViewer. This tree uses an ObservableMapLabelProvider which provides the label text and an ObservableListTreeContentProvider for the content. We're using org.eclipse.jface.databinding-1.5.0-SDK-3.7.2.

We supply an array of IObservableMap using
EMFObservables.observeMaps(contentProvider.getKnownElements(), new EStructuralFeature[])
to construct the ObservableMapLabelProvider.

We have an implementation of IPropertySourceProvider which seems to be used for populating the property view by overriding getPropertySource(Object).

Now I can see that when I modify the property sheet entry for a label, IPropertySource#setPropertyValue(Object, Object) is invoked. I want to add a change listener to our ObservableMapLabelProvider or IObservableMap to ensure that the tree columns get packed once the label text is modified. I tried adding change map listener to each element of IObservableMap but it doesn't seem to work.

Any suggestions/pointers on where should I be adding the change listener to pack tree columns once label text is changed on the property sheet?

Previous Topic:The performance optimization of updateChildren() in org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer
Next Topic:How to get scolling in a wizard dialog
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 00:24:54 GMT 2024