Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » M2T (model-to-text transformation) » Acceleo Code Generation?(Metamodel (Ecore), Model (XMI) create code through Acceleo?)
Acceleo Code Generation? [message #1786902] Tue, 15 May 2018 08:36 Go to next message
Simon Felderer is currently offline Simon FeldererFriend
Hey,
I am pretty new to Eclipse and the whole code generation topic.
Still, I want to create a code generation from a model to Java code or any other common programming language.
So I have got an Ecore Metamodel from which i want to create a specific model, what will probably happen on a XMI file how i have seen that so far on tutorials and then I want to get a Code from that model.
The problem what I have right now I dont understand totally how Acceleo works if you give as an Input only an UML model.

Have you got any solutions for this problems?

thank you a lot.
Re: Acceleo Code Generation? [message #1786980 is a reply to message #1786902] Wed, 16 May 2018 18:50 Go to previous message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

Perhaps you misunderstand Acceleo and M2T. Acceleo is a tool, like a Java compiler, that supports a language, like Java, in which you can write programs to tackle interesting problems.

References to UML in Acceleo documentation may mislead you into thinking that Aceleo generates code from UML. It doesn't. Some Acceleo example programs support some UML subsets.

If you already have an Ecore metamodel, then you can use the GenModel facilities to generate Java from it; you need nothing more than basic EMF. If you want a richer model with embedded OCL or Xbase install OCL and/or Xcore.

Regards

Ed Willink
Previous Topic:How to export my Acceleo code generator as a standalone desktop application ?
Next Topic:obtain class from operation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:32:02 GMT 2024