Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » How the user can find out about property validation issue in a diagram ?
How the user can find out about property validation issue in a diagram ? [message #1786276] Sun, 29 April 2018 07:49 Go to next message
Yann Andenmatten is currently offline Yann AndenmattenFriend
Hi,

I wanted to add a property validation in the basicfamily example.

I created a property view and added a widget to edit the person's name. Then I added a Property Validation Rule with this audit:
aql:input.getSemanticElement().name.size()>0

Now, if the user opens a diagram containing a person without name, he will have no clue of the issue until he select the faulty person and looked at its name property.

To overcome that, I created a semantic rule in the diagram with Target class basicfamily::Person with an audit aql:self.name.size() > 0

This makes a red cross appears on nodes that have no name.

But I see two issues with this approach:
1. the rule has to be defined twice and with different expressions
2. if the node has many properties in many pages, the user will have to hover the "1 error detected" message, find in the tooltip information about the problem and figure out where is located the faulty property.

Is there a way to make the properties issue visible in the diagram and allow the user to navigate to the properties easily?

Thanks
Yann

[Updated on: Sun, 29 April 2018 08:07]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How the user can find out about property validation issue in a diagram ? [message #1786391 is a reply to message #1786276] Wed, 02 May 2018 15:23 Go to previous message
Julien Dupont is currently offline Julien DupontFriend
Hello Yann,

That's right, but for the moment you don't have other solutions than what you mention.

Regards,
Previous Topic:Can we run the Sirius validation of diagram automatically ?
Next Topic:Automatically/Programmatically set the viewpoint when creating a new Modeling Project
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:49:45 GMT 2024