Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Eclipse Maven Timeout(Eclipse Maven Timeout)
Eclipse Maven Timeout [message #1785859] Fri, 20 April 2018 18:38 Go to next message
Terry Schulting is currently offline Terry SchultingFriend
I had an issue that has sense been resolved, but I'm curious as to why it was resolved.

A few weeks ago I was attempting to use Eclipse with Maven to build a project. At that time, I was getting timeouts. I followed a solution I found online to add the HTTP proxy to the Maven settings.xml and ensure that Eclipse was pointing to that settings.xml file. That resolved my issue.

A couple days ago, the same thing started happening. Failures attempting to create a Maven project. I verified the settings.xml was correct (as it had been), verified Eclipse was still pointed to it. I then tried to execute a command line creation with mvn. This worked.

I then decided to add the HTTPS proxy to the file as well (same proxy settings other than protocol), and this time it worked.

I'm not understanding what mvn was doing from the command line that would be different than what Eclipse was doing from the IDE that would cause a difference.

Ideas?
Re: Eclipse Maven Timeout [message #1785909 is a reply to message #1785859] Mon, 23 April 2018 05:12 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
JDT does not provide Maven integration so probably/perhaps you're using Eclipse m2e, in which case you should consult that project's community page for the best place to ask questions: https://www.eclipse.org/m2e/m2e-community.html
Previous Topic:Can't Use Java 10 SDK On Oxygen . . .
Next Topic:Swing Designer does not render properly
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Sep 22 00:58:27 GMT 2018