Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » QVT-OML » Error while generating Diagram Editor Gen Model in Luna SR2
Error while generating Diagram Editor Gen Model in Luna SR2 [message #1785857] Fri, 20 April 2018 17:16 Go to next message
Adalberto Jr is currently offline Adalberto JrFriend
I am a begginer user of GMF and when I try to create Diagram Editor GMF Gen Model using the GMF Dashboard. I get the following error:

Unhandled event loop exception

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.eclipse.m2m.internal.qvt.oml.compiler.QVTOCompiler.createCompilerWithHistory(Lorg/eclipse/m2m/internal/qvt/oml/compiler/UnitResolver;Lorg/eclipse/emf/ecore/resource/ResourceSet;)Lorg/eclipse/m2m/internal/qvt/oml/compiler/QVTOCompiler;
at org.eclipse.gmf.internal.xpand.util.ResourceManagerImpl.getQvtCompiler(ResourceManagerImpl.java:97)
at org.eclipse.gmf.internal.xpand.util.ResourceManagerImpl.doLoadQvtResource(ResourceManagerImpl.java:75)
at org.eclipse.gmf.internal.xpand.util.ResourceManagerImpl.loadQvtResourceThroughCache(ResourceManagerImpl.java:63)
at org.eclipse.gmf.internal.xpand.util.ResourceManagerImpl.loadQvtResource(ResourceManagerImpl.java:46)
at org.eclipse.gmf.internal.xpand.model.Scope.findExtension(Scope.java:148)
at org.eclipse.gmf.internal.xpand.model.ExecutionContextImpl.getImportedModules(ExecutionContextImpl.java:293)
at org.eclipse.gmf.internal.xpand.model.ExecutionContextImpl.getOCLEnvironment(ExecutionContextImpl.java:254)
at org.eclipse.gmf.internal.xpand.ocl.TypeHelper.getTypeForName(TypeHelper.java:35)
at org.eclipse.gmf.internal.xpand.model.ExecutionContextImpl.findDefinition(ExecutionContextImpl.java:231)
at org.eclipse.gmf.internal.xpand.model.ExecutionContextImpl.findDefinition(ExecutionContextImpl.java:167)
at org.eclipse.gmf.internal.xpand.XpandFacade.evaluate(XpandFacade.java:54)
at org.eclipse.gmf.graphdef.codegen.FigureGenerator.go(FigureGenerator.java:99)
at org.eclipse.gmf.internal.bridge.genmodel.InnerClassViewmapProducer.createViewmap(InnerClassViewmapProducer.java:128)
at org.eclipse.gmf.internal.bridge.genmodel.InnerClassViewmapProducer.create(InnerClassViewmapProducer.java:76)
at org.eclipse.gmf.internal.bridge.genmodel.DiagramGenModelTransformer.process(DiagramGenModelTransformer.java:413)
at org.eclipse.gmf.internal.bridge.genmodel.MappingTransformer.transform(MappingTransformer.java:31)
at org.eclipse.gmf.internal.bridge.transform.TransformToGenModelOperation$2.process(TransformToGenModelOperation.java:435)
at org.eclipse.gmf.internal.bridge.transform.TransformToGenModelOperation.executeTransformation(TransformToGenModelOperation.java:265)
at org.eclipse.gmf.internal.bridge.ui.dashboard.actions.TransformMap2GenModelAction.run(TransformMap2GenModelAction.java:65)
at org.eclipse.gmf.internal.bridge.ui.dashboard.HyperlinkFigure$1.mousePressed(HyperlinkFigure.java:63)
at org.eclipse.draw2d.Figure.handleMousePressed(Figure.java:938)
at org.eclipse.draw2d.SWTEventDispatcher.dispatchMousePressed(SWTEventDispatcher.java:242)
at org.eclipse.draw2d.LightweightSystem$EventHandler.mouseDown(LightweightSystem.java:523)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:192)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4454)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1388)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3799)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3409)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$9.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1151)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1032)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:148)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:636)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:579)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:150)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:135)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:380)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:235)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:648)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:603)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1465)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1438)

Please, I don't know how to fix this problem. I tried to use Oxygen version, but I got problems too. I saw a topic that GMF is not compatible with Oxygen.

I'm using Luna.

Thanks.
Re: Error while generating Diagram Editor Gen Model in Luna SR2 [message #1785927 is a reply to message #1785857] Mon, 23 April 2018 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

"NoSuchMethodError" is a strong clue that you have inconsistent versions.

"I'm using Luna" shows that you are Mars/Neon/Oxygen out of date so have ample opportunity for inconsistent versions.

Luna also predates the challenges that Java 8/9/10 introduces so you may also have a bad Java choice.

Without knowledge of your configuration, who knows? AFAIAA consistent versions of GMF work.

Reviewing the QVTo history, the signature of createCompilerWithHistory changed on 2013-08-26 18:26:08 before Luna M2. Luna was released on June 25, 2014, so it appears that you are using a pre-Luna M2 GMF and that GMF has not supplied narrow enough version bounds on QVTo dependence.)

(The createCompilerWithHistory is an internal method that GMF should not be using directly at all. GMF has been updated. https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=533919 raised to eliminate need for GMF to use internal API.)

Regards

Ed Willink
Re: Error while generating Diagram Editor Gen Model in Luna SR2 [message #1798080 is a reply to message #1785927] Mon, 12 November 2018 09:10 Go to previous message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

Since GMF Tooling is clearly still in use, I was inspired to try and re-instate the internal APIs and avoid the need for an old QVTo. See [1]

If you download and try

https://hudson.eclipse.org/qvt-oml/job/qvto-branch-tests/70/artifact/releng/org.eclipse.qvto.releng.build-site/target/org.eclipse.qvto-3.9.1.N20181109-1902.zip

you should find two API breakages re-instated. Once we have confirmation that this makes GMF Tooling useful again we can look to include the fixes in the next QVTo release.

Regards

Ed Willink

[1] https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=540971
Previous Topic:Announce QVTo 3.9.0
Next Topic:Eclipse QVTo latest P2 repos
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:07:04 GMT 2024