|Eclipse missing plugins on startup [message #1785686]
||Wed, 18 April 2018 11:21
| Chris Odd
Registered: April 2018
Nearly every time I start Eclipse, it asks where my workspace is and needs to install my plugins all over again.|
I had a few different Eclipse installs on my Mac (HighSierra 10.13.4).
I deleted them all to start from scratch.
Eclipse IDE For Java Developers
Mars.2 Release (4.5.2)
Build id: 20160218-0600
When I launch eclipse, it:
- asks where my workspace is, I tell it and check "Use this as the default workspace and do not ask again"
Eclipse - Help - Install new Software
Work with: "The Eclipse Project Updates - http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/updates/4.5" for
- Click Disclosure Triangle next to Eclipse Java Development Tools
- select Eclipse Java Development Tools 3.11.2.v20160212-1500
Eclipse - Help - Eclipse Marketplace
- Search for GWT Eclipse Plugin 3.0.0
- install it
It needs to restart eclipse, I agree and it does so.
Everything now works fine, until I quit eclipse and later restart.
[Nearly*] every time I launch Eclipse, two unusual things happen:
1) It asks me where my workspace is (Screenshot1.WorkspaceLauncher.jpg), despite the fact that I always check "Use this as the default workspace and do not ask again"
2) It needs to reinstall the GWT plugins (Screenshot3.ImportWizard.Plugins.jpg)
There is also an oomph Exception thrown (sometimes before the import wizard comes up, sometimes after): see Screenshot2.Oomph.jpg)
Expanding on the cut off text: FileNotFoundException: /Users/Eclipse.app/Contents/Eclipse/configuration/org.eclipse.oomph.setup/installation.setup (No such file or directory)
I suspect this is the root cause, as that is not where Eclipse.app lives. Not sure why oomph is looking there.
Once I reinstall the plugins, everything works fine until I quit and relaunch.
* regarding "Nearly"... sometimes if I immediately relaunch after quitting, everything comes up fine without problems (1) & (2)
Appreciate any help!
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.01743 seconds