Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Trying to figure out how to render several nested boxes
Trying to figure out how to render several nested boxes [message #1785425] Fri, 13 April 2018 16:18 Go to next message
David M. Karr is currently offline David M. KarrFriend
I probably need a more general drawing editor for this, but I'm trying to use Papyrus.

I'm trying to render an illustration of where the pieces of an application fit in a network at runtime, including what pieces reside in a public subnet, which in a private subnet, the container that both of those lie within, and the relationship of other components outside of that container. I really just want a simple labeled box that I can put other labeled boxes into, and draw arrows between various boxes.

The main probem I have is that some of these component types don't allow nesting components up to the level that I need.

I found that I could create a Device that contains Devices, but no deeper than that.
Re: Trying to figure out how to render several nested boxes [message #1785434 is a reply to message #1785425] Fri, 13 April 2018 17:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David M. Karr is currently offline David M. KarrFriend
I noticed that in the Model Explorer, I can create child components, but they won't necessarily render anything in the picture, so that's not useful.
Re: Trying to figure out how to render several nested boxes [message #1785625 is a reply to message #1785434] Tue, 17 April 2018 14:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yoann Farré is currently offline Yoann FarréFriend
Hello,

I'm not sure about your need but you can maybe try with a package diagram. You can add as much package levels as you need and use dependencies to draw arrows. You can also use CSS sheet to customize styles of your elements.

HTH.

Yoann.
Re: Trying to figure out how to render several nested boxes [message #1785805 is a reply to message #1785625] Fri, 20 April 2018 07:33 Go to previous message
Patrick Tessier is currently offline Patrick TessierFriend
To show nested compoent that have create property typed by this component. A nested compoent has no roles this only a type :D
Previous Topic:UML.ecore (Meta-Model).
Next Topic:How to link between block and requirement ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 06:34:32 GMT 2024