Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Need help installing web start plugin for eclipse
Need help installing web start plugin for eclipse [message #1785332] Thu, 12 April 2018 15:05
Corey Saines is currently offline Corey SainesFriend
Hi!

I'm just trying to run console jar files through the web to make my students' jar projects more sharable and so they're friends don't have to learn terminal or install additional java packages.

I downloaded WS4E.zip. And unpacked it. Then I booted up eclipse, and followed help>install new software>add>archive....

I then choose archive and tried browsing to first the whole WS4E zip file and then the webstart.jar file inside.

For both cases I receive the error msg: Could not find jar:file:/Users/....path...../Desktop/webstart.jar

This is the instructions on most forums that I searched though today, but doesn't work for me. I also tried packr and half a dozen other package apps, but each was beyond my present comprehension of this stuff. Web start seems like the most straight-forwards way to go since I can use eclipse instead of terminal, but can't get that plugin installed!

I'm using eclipse neon.1 on a macbook air running Yosemite 10.10.5

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
core
Previous Topic:issues with linkage
Next Topic:Confusion Over Bundles to start in ECF
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 07:03:28 GMT 2024