Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » Enabling Exceptions(I get te following error while compiling forte: /usr/include/boost/exception/detail/exception_ptr.hpp:17:2: error: #error This header requires exception handling to be enabled.)
Enabling Exceptions [message #1784924] Thu, 05 April 2018 20:41 Go to next message
Andrés  García is currently offline Andrés GarcíaFriend
Good afternoon everyone
Can anyone give me a little hand with this error please? :

I'm working with the Kuka youbot trying to encapsulate some C++ programs that I have developed for its manipulation in FBs. Every time that I try to make the FORTE application I get the following error message

/usr/include/boost/exception/detail/exception_ptr.hpp:17:2: error: #error This header requires exception handling to be enabled.

According to me I'm enabling the exceptions flag with the line
set(CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS "-fexceptions ")
inside the CMakeLists. txt file

index.php/fa/32543/0/

But once I dug deeper in the error sources I'm starting to think that inside the generic FORTE source folder, there's some file or configuration that enables the BOOST lib's macro BOOST_NO_EXCEPTIONS; because without adding to any FORTE related file the executables can be generated without errors outside the FORTE enviroment.

In the case that I'm wrongly setting the exceptions flag: Which is the right way of doing it? And also, where I can find documentation about the CMake commands for FORTE?
And in the case that it results to be a problem with a file in the generic FORTE sources folder: Any idea of which one I must configure?

• Attachment: cmake.png
    (Size: 12.14KB, Downloaded 307 times)
Re: Enabling Exceptions [message #1790665 is a reply to message #1784924] Thu, 14 June 2018 07:45 Go to previous message
Jose Maria Jesus Cabral Lassalle is currently offline Jose Maria Jesus Cabral LassalleFriend
Hi

did you enable FORTE_TESTS in CMake when compiling Forte? Or maybe you should set FORTE_RTTI_AND_EXCEPTIONS to true, but I'm not sure. How exaclty are you integrating forte to the other executables?

Jose
Previous Topic:Extending Modbus support to support writing
Next Topic:How to customize devices?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 07:41:53 GMT 2024