Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » If copy project w/designed screen then access to that screen fails.(Eclipse inner workings)
If copy project w/designed screen then access to that screen fails. [message #1784763] Tue, 03 April 2018 17:41
Patrick Moran is currently offline Patrick MoranFriend
I have copied a project so I can work on that project without messing up the one that I just got working. That project had three files, two of which had GUI components. When I go to the copied project it works as before, but I am unable to get to the window that shows "design" and "source" at the bottom. I have tried resetting the perspective to its default form, but that doesn't help. I don't think I should have to start from the beginning, redraw the GUI components, put in the old code, relink the buttons to the appropriate elements of the code, etc.

When Eclipse opens xyz.java, what tells it whether xyz has a GUI component? I can't see anything in the source on the screen. There must be something that indicates that the code is linked to the GUI stuff (which is obviously already there else the program wouldn't work right when it is run.

What are the direct steps I need to take to get access to the design pane?
Previous Topic:Eclipse Neon Keeps Crashing
Next Topic:Get a Slider in Toolbar
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 07:33:23 GMT 2024