Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse Oxygen Installer(Eclipse Oxygen Installer with Proxy)
Eclipse Oxygen Installer [message #1784207] Fri, 23 March 2018 14:05 Go to next message
marco giudici is currently offline marco giudiciFriend
Hi,
I try to install Eclipse Oxygen on my laptop with Windows 7 x64 but my company use a proxy to permit the access to internet. I have this rights.
I follow the steps reported in the follow link https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/eclipse-packages/?show_instructions=TRUE
but install eclipse IDE but generate a lot of error messages linked to the proxy authorization and also when I create a project return problem about Maven with proxy.

Someone can help me and explain exactly what I need to do to configure correctly the installer and after IDE to create the project in the correct way.

Thanks in advance for any help

Marco
Re: Eclipse Oxygen Installer [message #1784219 is a reply to message #1784207] Fri, 23 March 2018 16:22 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
It's hard to know in general about proxy settings because it depends so much on your company's proxy details. Both the installer's menu (in the upper right) and in Eclipse's Window -> Preferences -> General Network Connections give you the ability to control how network proxies are configured. The settings you change in the installer will be copied to the installation... But I can't know what's right in your company...
Previous Topic:Maven issues with proxy settings from a ssh file
Next Topic:Easiest way to build Eclipse IDE (JAVA) on my local PC
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 26 06:24:21 GMT 2018