Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Unwanted resource somehow created; how to delete?(Resource)
Unwanted resource somehow created; how to delete? [message #1784154] Fri, 23 March 2018 01:04
Patrick Moran is currently offline Patrick MoranFriend
I once found a java program that was intended to demonstrate how to make a quiz. Later I found out the author had asked for help solving a problem with it. It was for a multiple choice rather than fill-in-blanks quiz anyway so I started over with a new approach. About a dozen projects later I noticed at the bottom of the screen that I had a couple dozen warnings. I clicked on one of them and was surprised to find out that it was showing me the code from that sample problem. I tried fixing something and must of messed up because then my good program that was using it as a resource (that's how it is listed in that panel at the bottom of the Eclipse screen) would then not work.

I don't know how it got connected to my current project. I can't find out anything about it by checking out the components of my once-again-working latest project. There is no explicit mention of it, so I don't see how I could disentangle it from the currently working code, which does not depend on it in any way that I can see.

The paths to the unwanted files are the two at the top. The other two are paths to the desirable material that includes them somehow:

/Users/patrickedwinmoran/eclipse-workspace2/FITB!/bin/net/codejava/swing/jtextfield
/Users/patrickedwinmoran/eclipse-workspace2/Z4xCalcAnd Pix/bin
/Users/patrickedwinmoran/eclipse-workspace2/Z4xCalcAnd Pix/src

Thanks for any insight into what is going on.
Previous Topic:Creating pop-up before open my view
Next Topic:Java 10 with Oxygen3 Ver. 4.7.3
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 01:22:33 GMT 2024