Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Pydev F2 shortcut not working(F2 shortcut to execute line in console not working in Neon or Oxygen)
Pydev F2 shortcut not working [message #1784125] Thu, 22 March 2018 16:44 Go to next message
ivo van der Berg is currently offline ivo van der BergFriend
I use Eclipse for Python development and depend on the F2 function key to send lines of code to the console. Recently, F2 has stopped working in my installation of Eclipse Neon. I have tried everything I can think of to get it to work again:
- close and reopen the python module
- close and reopen Eclipse
- check the key bindings to make sure F2 is properly bound, unbind it, rebind it, reset to default key bindings
- reboot my computer
- install new version of Eclipse, Oxygen, twice..

In one of the newly installed Oxygens, at least the first time I press F2, it does open the pop-up asking what console to start. But then after the console is open it does nothing. In the Neon installation and the other Oxygen installation, F2 just does nothing, not even open a new console when none is active.

Would you have any idea what I can try to get F2 working again?

Thanks very much
Re: Pydev F2 shortcut not working [message #1784169 is a reply to message #1784125] Fri, 23 March 2018 08:20 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
It sounds like a Pydev bug that you should perhaps report: http://www.pydev.org/faq.html

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Java 10 with Oxygen3 Ver. 4.7.3
Next Topic:Cannot Install Eclipse Oxygen
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 09:08:34 GMT 2024