Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » SWT Libraries on Java 9
SWT Libraries on Java 9 [message #1783910] Tue, 20 March 2018 10:05 Go to next message
Andreas Abraham is currently offline Andreas AbrahamFriend
Hello everybody,

I am a software developer and maintainer and I am facing a problem right now.

We have developed an application for various platforms using the SWT library. When we run our build process, we only create one installer per platform containing the 32 and 64 bit version of the SWT library. During program start we then determined which platform is currently used and appended the required SWT library path to the java class path. This method does not work anymore for Java 9 but we have to extend our application in order to support java 9 as well.

My question therefore is, what would be the best practice for our application to also support java 9 and still dynamically determine which swt library to select depending on the platform?

Is there a SWT best practice how to determine platforms?

We have already tried to use the ModuleFinder, ModuleLoader provided by Java 9 but without any success.

Many thanks in Advance.

Best Regards,
Andreas
Re: SWT Libraries on Java 9 [message #1784165 is a reply to message #1783910] Fri, 23 March 2018 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martin J is currently offline Martin JFriend
I am also having similar problems. I have two problems. One is that I use Launch4j. But it seems not supporting Java 9. It does not recognize Java 9. The other problem is determining swt versions dynamically. I am looking to use ClassLoader. So far no solution found. If I cannot find classloader solution, I will use static method to update a folder, initially empty. System determine right version and copy to the empty version. -cp contains the directory. This is a way to solve. But I don't know how to solver Launch4j replacement.
If I find solutions, I will post here.
Re: SWT Libraries on Java 9 [message #1784167 is a reply to message #1783910] Fri, 23 March 2018 07:51 Go to previous message
Martin J is currently offline Martin JFriend
I am also having similar problems. I have two problems. One is that I use Launch4j. But it seems not supporting Java 9. It does not recognize Java 9. The other problem is determining swt versions dynamically. I am looking to use ClassLoader. So far no solution found. If I cannot find classloader solution, I will use static method to update a folder, initially empty. System determine right version and copy to the empty version. -cp contains the directory. This is a way to solve. But I don't know how to solver Launch4j replacement.
If I find solutions, I will post here.
Previous Topic:In linux table viewer columns are not getting hidden which are in the scrolled area.
Next Topic:SWT 3.7.2 Browser Widget | Internet Explorer Mobile 6
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 12:41:40 GMT 2024