Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » configure eclipse RSE to connect to a node through two remote machines(RSE ssh remote )
configure eclipse RSE to connect to a node through two remote machines [message #1783544] Tue, 13 March 2018 22:49 Go to next message
Nabil G is currently offline Nabil GFriend
dear all,
I do have acces to a node with name, say Node3. To connect to Node3, I need to connect to a first node (Node1) from which I then connect to Node2 and then finally ssh to Node3. I configured things in my $HOME/.ssh/config, such that I can easily do a password-less ssh connexion to Node3 from my local machine using my private/public ssh keys. So far so good.

Now I want to open some remote project on Node3 from my local machine. I successfully installed the Eclipse Remote System Explorer (RSE), but I fail to configure the tool such that, I can directly connect to Node3.

Here is what I did so far:

select the RSE view
create a new ssh connexion
give as node, the Node3 Unfortunately, if I try to browse the Remote directory on Node3, the RSE fails with a connexion issue.

Does someone know how to setup things such that RSE is aware of my ~/.ssh/config configuration file ?

thanks for your valuable help!
Re: configure eclipse RSE to connect to a node through two remote machines [message #1783970 is a reply to message #1783544] Tue, 20 March 2018 21:35 Go to previous message
Nabil G is currently offline Nabil GFriend
Hi, does someone have some recommendation on how to proceed ?
thx
Previous Topic:missing new remote c/c++ project
Next Topic:Problem in installing eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 14:44:00 GMT 2024