Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Eclipse Web Tools Platform Project (WTP) » Programmatic XML Validation(Programmatic validation of an XML document)
Programmatic XML Validation [message #1783449] Tue, 13 March 2018 09:41 Go to next message
Jochen Wiedmann is currently offline Jochen WiedmannFriend
Hi,

in a plugin, I have a case, where the syntactic validation via XSD is almost meaningless. I am using the extension point

org.eclipse.wst.xml.core.catalogContributions

but my users aren't happy with the results, because semantic validation is missing.

So, I wonder, whether it is possible to have some programmatic validation. For example, the above extension point might very well have an additional child element

<class
        name="SOME_TARGET_NAMESPACE
        implementation="some.implementation.of.whatever.Interface"/>

Thanks,

Jochen
Re: Programmatic XML Validation [message #1790039 is a reply to message #1783449] Sun, 03 June 2018 21:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Syntactic validation, by which I think you mean well-formedness, does not require a XSD. Only actual validation does, and that's limited to what a DTD or schema can specify. It sounds like you need to write your own validator for the Validation Framework, and make your particular XML files their own content type much like Ant Buildfiles are their own type.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: Programmatic XML Validation [message #1801940 is a reply to message #1790039] Tue, 29 January 2019 17:15 Go to previous message
shane  watson is currently offline shane watsonFriend
For Apache Servers with WordPress installed on "/public_html" RewriteEngine On but i am still getting error i used the below code to fix it but i am still getting the error
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^sitemap_index.xml$ /index.php?sitemap=1 [L]
RewriteRule ^locations.kml$ /index.php?sitemap=wpseo_local_kml [L]
RewriteRule ^geo_sitemap.xml$ /index.php?sitemap=geo [L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]+?)-sitemap([0-9]+)?.xml$ /index.php?sitemap=$1&sitemap_n=$2 [L]
RewriteRule ^([a-z]+)?-?sitemap.xsl$ /index.php?xsl=$1 [L]

Previous Topic:Show methods in jsp declaration
Next Topic:Dynamic Web Project option missing in Eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 20:26:44 GMT 2024