Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » How could I possibly make Intel C compiler work with Eclipse in place of MS Visual Studio
How could I possibly make Intel C compiler work with Eclipse in place of MS Visual Studio [message #1783235] Fri, 09 March 2018 13:06 Go to next message
abdu albadii is currently offline abdu albadiiFriend
How could I possibly make Intel C compiler work with Eclipse together in place of Intel C compiler work with MS Visual Studio synergetically ?
Re: How could I possibly make Intel C compiler work with Eclipse in place of MS Visual Studio [message #1783267 is a reply to message #1783235] Sat, 10 March 2018 06:56 Go to previous message
David VavraFriend
With difficulty.
You can try reading this as a starter:
https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-c-compiler-for-linux-using-intel-compilers-with-the-eclipse-ide-pdf
Can't vouch for it.
Alternately, try Googling for something similar.
There doesn't seem to be anything in the Eclipse Marketplace.

Lacking a plugin, you would need to modify an existing tool chain to generate a makefile.
This would only work if the compiler options were close to the existing tool chain.
Or, use your own makefile with a Makefile Project.

In either case, you would need to get the compiler builtins to the Indexer.
Assuming you don't want to see spurious errors generated by the syntax analyzer.
That means modifying the builtins provider or supplying user entries at
Project --> Properties --> C/C++ General --> Preprocessor Include Paths, Macros etc.
Previous Topic:Modes in Embedded Software development
Next Topic:Unable to debug on El Capitan
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:03:53 GMT 2024