Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BIRT » Group Headers display even with no records in PDF(Group Headers display even with no records in PDF)
Group Headers display even with no records in PDF [message #1782789] Thu, 01 March 2018 12:49 Go to next message
Jeff Stouse is currently offline Jeff StouseFriend
Experts,
Using Neon 4.6, butild id: 20160613-1800.
I have a report grouped on one field. When I run the report to HTML it looks great. When I convert it to PDF, I have (cannot find a consistent reason or record count) unexpected and unwanted repeated Group Header rows with no detail rows below them appearing at the top of a page. They only appear at the top of the page, not anywhere else.

My layout has two group header rows, which both repeat without a row of data appearing beneath them - otherwise the layout is fine. If I run the report directly to PDF I have the same issues (as opposed to running to HTML and then converting to PDF.)

Any ideas? This appears to me to be a bug in the converting to PDF.
TIA
Re: Group Headers display even with no records in PDF [message #1783107 is a reply to message #1782789] Thu, 08 March 2018 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dave Paulson is currently offline Dave PaulsonFriend
Not that you should have to, but have you tried to conditionally hide on PDF output whatever element is in the header using an expression that checks for an empty detail ?
Re: Group Headers display even with no records in PDF [message #1783467 is a reply to message #1783107] Tue, 13 March 2018 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeff Stouse is currently offline Jeff StouseFriend
Dave,

As you state, "not that you should have to" - which means I don't have a clue as to what you mean by this - do you mean I should do something in the Group Header setup?
Please point me in a more specific direction - the group header is based on the field "Last Name" - and every record has one - I verified the query results based on your response.

What more can/should I try? This is exceedingly frustrating...

Thanks for your response.
Re: Group Headers display even with no records in PDF [message #1783508 is a reply to message #1783467] Tue, 13 March 2018 17:27 Go to previous message
Dave Paulson is currently offline Dave PaulsonFriend
Jeff,
My apologies. All I was saying is that you'd think the darn thing would work without having to tweak such behaviors. I'm far from being an expert, so take what I have to say in that light. What I was suggesting was to conditionally hide the header row on PDF output. If you select the row object, or the grid itself, one of the properties is Visibility. You can click the Hide Element checkbox, and then the "For specific outputs" radio button. If you then click the "pdf" checkbox, you'll be able to enter an expression. My thought was to have that expression reference whatever string would usually appear in the group header detail row and check for a length of zero . . . or some such thing.

Cheers,
Dave
Previous Topic:How to concatenate current year to a date
Next Topic:Basic requirements for BIRT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 21 21:19:03 GMT 2018