Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » AspectJ » Cannot install aspectJ into eclipse
Cannot install aspectJ into eclipse [message #1782005] Thu, 15 February 2018 20:35
matt andrews is currently offline matt andrewsFriend
I've been trying to get started with aspectJ, however I am unable to install into eclipse from either the download site, or a local zip archive.

I'm running Eclipse Oxygen on a mac. I'm getting the following error when attempting to install.

------------------------------

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.p2.touchpoint.eclipse 4 0 2018-02-15 20:25:02.648
!MESSAGE Error while loading manipulator.
!STACK 0
java.lang.IllegalStateException: The framework persistent data location (/Applications/Eclipse.app/Contents/Eclipse/configuration) is not the same as the framework configuration location (/Applications/Eclipse.app/Contents/MacOS/configuration).
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.frameworkadmin.equinox.EquinoxManipulatorImpl.checkConsistencyOfFwConfigLocAndFwPersistentDataLoc(EquinoxManipulatorImpl.java:66)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.frameworkadmin.equinox.EquinoxManipulatorImpl.loadWithoutFwPersistentData(EquinoxManipulatorImpl.java:361)

---------------------------------

I can't figure a way around it.
- Performed a Clean eclipse
- Checked the -startup settings in the eclipse.ini files to ensure they all point to the same org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.4.0.v20161219-1356.jar (as this was mentioned in some postings).

-startup
../../../../Users/matt/.p2/pool/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.4.0.v20161219-1356.jar

Still the problem is present.

Has anyone encountered this issue and maybe has a workaround? Can I install aspectJ manually?

Many thanks
Matt
Previous Topic:Getting below error while downloading the AspectJ for eclipse Neon
Next Topic:Error while installing AspectJ in eclipse Luna 4.4
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 14:38:58 GMT 2024