Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » How to create Third Party Licenses info
How to create Third Party Licenses info [message #1781716] Mon, 12 February 2018 14:05
Frank Gruendel is currently offline Frank GruendelFriend
Hi experts,

our RAP application's About window contains a link that brings up third party licenses information. This information is created at build time as a HTML structure and then put into the jar file of one of our own plugins.

For creating the RAP-related part of the license info, we recursively parse all jar files in the RAP distribution zip file for files that have a certain name, like e. g. "license.txt", and add the info contained therein to our html structure.

I have always felt that this isn't exactly a smart way to do things. Are there any standard solutions that I am not aware of? For example, a ready-to-use third party licenses text file containing all license info for a particular RAP distribution? Since most of you must have the same problem, could you perhaps shed a light on how you have solved this problem?

Thanks, as usual, in advance!

Frank

[Updated on: Mon, 12 February 2018 14:06]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:css not working
Next Topic: I worked on multiple languages. It works well in development environment.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:50:34 GMT 2024