Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » No viewpoints on sirius rcp product
No viewpoints on sirius rcp product [message #1781467] Wed, 07 February 2018 15:06 Go to next message
Lina 20 is currently offline Lina 20Friend
Hi,

I create my RCP sirius product with Maven following this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmUrTlzqCXc

Everything was fine until I try to add a viewpoint specification to the modeling project I create.

The model works but the viewpoint selection dialog looks empty.
My odesign file works fine when I test it.

My featuyre project imports all projects required (model, edit, design..) My ot.parent folder includes the design project.

I am using eclipse Neon.3 Release (4.6.3)
Sirius 6.0
Maven 1.7

Any clue why this is happening?
index.php/fa/32035/0/

Thank you so much!!
Lina
  • Attachment: Captura.JPG
    (Size: 70.28KB, Downloaded 902 times)
Re: No viewpoints on sirius rcp product [message #1781528 is a reply to message #1781467] Thu, 08 February 2018 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laurent Redor is currently offline Laurent RedorFriend
Hi,

Is the design plug-in available in your environment?
* Search the plug-in id in list "Menu Help/About Eclipse/Installation Details/Plug-ins"
* Or search it in plugins folder of your RCP installation folder.

Regards,

Laurent

Laurent Redor - Obeo

Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: No viewpoints on sirius rcp product [message #1781587 is a reply to message #1781528] Fri, 09 February 2018 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Laurent thanks for your reply.

I check my RCP product plugins folder and all projects were there.

Then I look at my RCP installation details window and there are all plugins. (the design and the model ones)

I still do not know why is this happening.

Thank you for your help!

Lina
Re: No viewpoints on sirius rcp product [message #1781783 is a reply to message #1781587] Tue, 13 February 2018 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maxime Porhel is currently offline Maxime PorhelFriend
Hi Lina,

Could you check the Model File Extension property of your Viewpoints : it defines the kind of models associated to the designer. We encourage you to set the extension associated to your domain model, from your screenshot it seems you should put ot or *.

Could you also check the activator of your viewpoint specification project (design), in the start method, check the line with "viewpoints.addAll(ViewpointRegistry.getInstance().registerFromPlugin(PLUGIN_ID + "/description/yourVSMName.odesign")); "
The path and odesign name has been generated by the new Viewpoint Specification Project, but if you renamed the design file later, the registration of the VSM in the activator might be invalid now.

Regards

Maxime Porhel - Obeo

Re: No viewpoints on sirius rcp product [message #1781784 is a reply to message #1781587] Tue, 13 February 2018 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Lina,

Could you check the Model File Extension property of your Viewpoints : it defines the kind of models associated to the designer. We encourage you to set the extension associated to your domain model, from your screenshot it seems you should put ot or *.

Could you also check the activator of your viewpoint specification project (design), in the start method, check the line with "viewpoints.addAll(ViewpointRegistry.getInstance().registerFromPlugin(PLUGIN_ID + "/description/yourVSMName.odesign")); "
The path and odesign name have been generated by the new Viewpoint Specification Project, but if you renamed the design file later, the registration of the VSM in the activator might be invalid now.

Regards

Maxime Porhel - Obeo

Re: No viewpoints on sirius rcp product [message #1781785 is a reply to message #1781587] Tue, 13 February 2018 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body

Maxime Porhel - Obeo

[Updated on: Wed, 14 February 2018 12:34]

Report message to a moderator

Re: No viewpoints on sirius rcp product [message #1782166 is a reply to message #1781785] Mon, 19 February 2018 22:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Maxime,

Thanks for answer. My mistake was the sirius version. I create my odesign file with version 6.0. But when I create the product a 4.0 Sirius version was installed, so I add this to my pom properties in case anyone need it.

<sirius-repo.url>http://download.eclipse.org/sirius/updates/nightly/latest/oxygen</sirius-repo.url>

Lina.
Re: No viewpoints on sirius rcp product [message #1782502 is a reply to message #1781783] Sat, 24 February 2018 22:47 Go to previous message
Martijn van den Boogaard is currently offline Martijn van den BoogaardFriend
Hello,

I was facing the same issue. A mismatch between Model File Extension and the actual file extension of the test model.

Thanks Maxime,

Martijn.
Previous Topic:Show / Hide Dialog Automatic child selection
Next Topic:I can not find GMF API or documentation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 15:30:09 GMT 2024