Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Eclipse CDT with C/C++ Makefile(Build Target "install" does not execute "make".)
Eclipse CDT with C/C++ Makefile [message #1781374] Tue, 06 February 2018 14:29
Michael Fogle is currently offline Michael FogleFriend
I have recently upgraded from Eclipse Mars to Oxygen.2 (4.7.2). Have been an Eclipse user for quite a while (since Galileo). I use cmake extensively to generate both my Makefile hierarchy as well as use cmake's project generator (i.e. cmake -G"Eclipse CDT4 - Unix Makefiles"), but am having some difficulty with 4.7.2. If I use File->Import->General->Existing Projects into Workspace to add my project (cmake created, as I mentioned), and then Project->Build Targets->Build, all my build targets are correctly shown. If I select the "install" target, nothing happens. I have even edited the "install" target's "Build Command" from the default "gmake -j6" to "make -j6", but still no build. GUI switches focus to the CDT Build Console window, but other than that, nothing happens...no messages or anything. If I import my project as a Makefile project, all is well. I am assuming the problem is my lack of familiarity with the new Oxygen menus or something. Any insights would be appreciated.
Previous Topic:"Launch failed. Binary not found"
Next Topic:undefined reference to - error build
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 19:25:15 GMT 2024