Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Project cannot find resources in another project at runtime(A dependency in a JAR file can not be found in the WAR running in Oxygen)
Project cannot find resources in another project at runtime [message #1781272] Mon, 05 February 2018 11:56
Phil L is currently offline Phil LFriend
I've just upgraded to Eclipse Oxygen from Neon and I am finding that when I run my project, dependencies in dependant projects can not be found even though they are present and have been specified correctly.

To put it in context, this is what I performed:

I created a new Workspace. I imported my existing WAR project from SVN. All dependencies loaded fine and I could run my WAR with no issues (using Jetty).

When I checked-out a dependant project from SVN, then my WAR project would error in compilation. Java import errors would occur (in the WAR) stating that the could not be found which are present in the JAR project I had just checked out. I found I could simply edit the file, delete the bad imports, press CTRL-SHIFT-O and the class would now compile. (I mention this error because it feels like it may be a clue as to the issue between the relationship of the WAR and JAR. This error can be made to re-occur by simply closing the JAR project and re-opening it.)

So both projects are now compiling. However as soon as I run my WAR it complains that a resource (in the JAR project) can not be found! Simply closing the JAR project fixes this (it now obtains the JAR dependency via Maven), but I need to edit code in the dependant JAR file.

I have tried cleaning, re-building and performing multiple Maven updates but none of these work. Does anyone know what the issue could be and how to resolve this?

Downgrading to Neon makes this problem go away, but I wish to use Oxygen
Previous Topic:Is 4.8 currently more reliable than 4.7.2? Is it advisable to upgrade?
Next Topic: jetty websocket certificate validation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:54:03 GMT 2024