Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » [Resolved] Newbie can't get SWT demo "Hello World" set up(Having trouble getting the right files set up for SWT)
[Resolved] Newbie can't get SWT demo "Hello World" set up [message #1781235] Sun, 04 February 2018 00:38 Go to next message
Doug Hutcheson is currently offline Doug HutchesonFriend
Fedora Linux27 86_64.
Oracle Java jdk1.8.x86_64 2000:1.8.0_161
Eclipse IDE for Java Developers - Version: Oxygen.2 Release (4.7.2) - Build id: 20171218-0600 (the genuine item, not the one from the Fedora repositories).
Plugin Development Environment (PDE) is installed.

I am trying to get the SWT demo "Hello World" application to set up.

Following the instructions from the 'Create a Hello World SWT Application' page, I have got as far as :

Open the Import wizard from the main menu via File > Import..., and select Plug-in Development > Plug-ins and Fragments. Click Next.
On the Import Plug-ins and Fragments page, select
Import from: The active target platform.
Plug-ins and Fragments to import: Select from all plug-ins and fragments found at specified location.
Import As: Projects with source folders.
Click Next.
On the Selection page, Add org.eclipse.swt.{platform}.{os}.{arch} (for example: org.eclipse.swt.win32.win32.x86 for win32) to Plug-ins and Fragments to Import: list.

When I get to this step, there are no items to choose in the selection list (see attached).

What have I done wrong? I've been trying everything I can think of including reinstalling Java and Eclipse.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Doug

[Updated on: Mon, 19 February 2018 07:04]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Newbie can't get SWT demo "Hello World" set up [message #1781292 is a reply to message #1781235] Mon, 05 February 2018 16:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Checked the Target Platform preference page and make sure it looks correct. When you click on the Active target definition, the Locations text box should show a non-zero number of plug-ins as available. Restore Defaults if you find this is not the case.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform

[Updated on: Mon, 05 February 2018 18:43]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Newbie can't get SWT demo "Hello World" set up [message #1781655 is a reply to message #1781292] Sun, 11 February 2018 06:14 Go to previous message
Doug Hutcheson is currently offline Doug HutchesonFriend
After some fumbling, I decided it was a bad installation. Cleaned everything up, started again today. Now it all works as it says on the label. Being a newbie can be exciting for all the wrong reasons.

Thanks for your reply, Nitin. "8-)
Previous Topic:How to get two IDEs show in macos launchpad ?
Next Topic:I can't get Eclipse to work with JavaFX
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:45:58 GMT 2024