Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Requirements Modeling Framework  » Manage .reqif in git for multiple user input(how can multiple users have input into a single .reqif file using git)
Manage .reqif in git for multiple user input [message #1781141] Thu, 01 February 2018 21:04 Go to next message
Steve Johnston is currently offline Steve JohnstonFriend
I am really struggling with getting this set up right on my end. Our team is about 4 people, but we are using the FormalMind ReqIF Studio in Eclipse. We thought it would be a good idea to push the .reqif file into our git account, but we are running into conflicts every time someone makes a change. I am assuming that is because git doesnt recognize the .reqif file extension and cannot complete the merge.

Has anybody ever successfully utilized git as a central repository for managing ReqIF with multiple user input at the same time?
Re: Manage .reqif in git for multiple user input [message #1781296 is a reply to message #1781141] Mon, 05 February 2018 17:35 Go to previous message
Michael Jastram is currently offline Michael JastramFriend
Hi Steve,

Key for using RMF in a team is to keep potentially conflicting changes to a minimum. This means that column information should not be stored in the ReqIF file, and that you should not update the Header ID. You can read in the handbook how you can achieve this:

https://reqif.academy/library/books/handbook/?page=sec-versioning.html

Good luck!
- Michael
Previous Topic:ISpecificaiton error
Next Topic:XHTML rendering
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 15:39:00 GMT 2024