Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » E4 rcp export product error(Eclipse Product export wizard error)
E4 rcp export product error [message #1781009] Wed, 31 January 2018 14:03 Go to next message
Bogdan Avram is currently offline Bogdan AvramFriend
The product configuration is based on features and the feature I created has one included plugin.
When I try to export using Eclipse Product export wizard I get this error:

C:\Users\"myuser"\eclipse-sdk\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.pde.core\temp\org.eclipse.pde.container.feature\package.org.eclipse.pde.container.feature.win32.win32.x86_64.xml:89: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\Users\"myuser"\eclipse-sdk\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.pde.core\temp\org.eclipse.pde.container.feature\package.org.eclipse.pde.container.feature.win32.win32.x86_64.xml:480: The following error occurred while executing this line:
java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\"myuser"\eclipse-sdk\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.pde.core\temp\org.eclipse.pde.container.feature\${eclipse.pdebuild.scripts}\genericTargets.xml (The system cannot find the path specified)
The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\Users\"myuser"\eclipse-sdk\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.pde.core\temp\org.eclipse.pde.container.feature\package.org.eclipse.pde.container.feature.win32.win32.x86_64.xml:480: The following error occurred while executing this line:
java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\"myuser"\eclipse-sdk\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.pde.core\temp\org.eclipse.pde.container.feature\${eclipse.pdebuild.scripts}\genericTargets.xml (The system cannot find the path specified)

I tried exporting a simple example from vogella's tutorial and get the same error message.
Re: E4 rcp export product error [message #1787330 is a reply to message #1781009] Wed, 23 May 2018 18:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Widhalm is currently offline Eric WidhalmFriend
I get this same problem, but only on win10. I'm using Oxygen.3a Release (4.7.3a), and using the Eclipse Product export wizard to build a product and repository. I've tried all kinds of things to get eclipse.pdebuild.scripts defined, but can't find where to do it so that it's sent to ant at the right time.
Re: E4 rcp export product error [message #1810637 is a reply to message #1781009] Wed, 14 August 2019 20:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Samuel Abramov is currently offline Samuel AbramovFriend
Same problem here, anybody knows a solution?

Using Win10 and Eclipse 4.12
Re: E4 rcp export product error [message #1810723 is a reply to message #1810637] Sat, 17 August 2019 17:46 Go to previous message
Markus Mayer is currently offline Markus MayerFriend
Oh boys, what a long search, I think I got it now. The pain was that I got the problem in office and at home, so that my feeling was E4 is a hack. Now I know the problem,
it starts with Java 11 and 12. On my system I have a 1.8 installed, Java 11 and 12 does no longer install a JRE so that in registry you can find the old JRE entry plus a system path entry. If you repair both you reached the last problem, and this looks like is an eclipse problem, don't export with a repository and you can get out a running export result.

I hope ths is a good start point in this forum now, I am sure I come back with technical questions soon. I am missing tutorials and examples, or a good documentation.

Markus
Previous Topic:Custom CDT project plugin
Next Topic:No way to Export my RCP Examples
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 02:12:57 GMT 2024