Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Arduino Library problem from Eclipse CDT (Not with "Import")(Gets Compilation errors, if library files are distributed into number of folders)
Arduino Library problem from Eclipse CDT (Not with "Import") [message #1780898] Mon, 29 January 2018 17:04
meghadoot gardi is currently offline meghadoot gardiFriend
Hello,

I'm using Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (32 bit) and Eclipse Oxygen with arduino CDT plugin and arduino MEGA 2560 board.

I recently created some libraries (.cpp and .h files) intended for my project and distributed in different folders. Although they are distributed in folders, files have dependencies on each other.
(Distribution of libs is based on Layered software architecture)

The requirement of the project is not to use "import" (Project -> Import) feature to get libraries into the environment.
Instead, It is intended to provide path to these library folders (File -> new -> Folder -> Advanced -> Link to alternate location (Linked Folder) ).

But, with this approach compilation errors are arose.
eg.
fatal error: dae_hm_var.h: No such file or directory.

Interesting Observations are:
1. With "Import" feature, there is no issue in compilation and linking. Everything works smoothly to generate .elf (even libraries are distributed in folders)
2. With all the library files in single folder, no problems or errors in compilation and linking

So, could you please provide me the reason for this issue ?
Or any alternative way and suggestions are also welcome.

Thanks in advance.
Previous Topic:Performance Problems
Next Topic:I can't get user defined PATH VARIABLES to work
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 15:07:29 GMT 2024