Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Java compiler error in a comment(I'm confused)
Java compiler error in a comment [message #1780327] Sat, 20 January 2018 08:13 Go to next message
Jack McGillis is currently offline Jack McGillisFriend
I'm getting an error in a comment. The attachment is a screenshot.

This one is odd. I don't get the error when Eclipse builds automatically. I do when I right click on build.xml to do an Ant build.

Makes me suspect that more than one compiler is in the mix. Anybody know how to force the use of the built in javac?

Using Oxygen.
Re: Java compiler error in a comment [message #1780329 is a reply to message #1780327] Sat, 20 January 2018 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
It looks to me like it is using javac. But it's using the default system encoding and you appear to have Asian characters in your file so it's either UTF-8 encoded or UTF-16 encoded. Personally I'd avoid like the plague the use of any characters that require special encoding. In any case, maybe this link will help you with specifying an appropriate encoding for Ant: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1339352/how-do-i-set-dfile-encoding-within-ants-build-xml

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Java compiler error in a comment [message #1780679 is a reply to message #1780329] Thu, 25 January 2018 16:34 Go to previous message
Jack McGillis is currently offline Jack McGillisFriend
Actually it was an old, I think, compilerarg. The encoding property needed to be specified as UTF-8. The compiler arg actually was causing some really strange errors.
Previous Topic:Installing Eclipse on Terminal Server
Next Topic:How to get Package Explorer to match Windows Explorer.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 20:34:25 GMT 2024