Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Getting started with CDT development(getting started instructions don't work)
Getting started with CDT development [message #1779587] Wed, 10 January 2018 02:10 Go to next message
Andrey Sotnikov is currently offline Andrey SotnikovFriend
I am interested in writing my own new C++ project wizard for CDT. No matter how I follow these instructions: https://wiki.eclipse.org/Getting_started_with_CDT_development, I cannot "get started".
First of all this message appears:
index.php/fa/31748/0/

Besides that there are 13016 errors :
index.php/fa/31749/0/

What am I doing wrong?
  • Attachment: new-031.png
    (Size: 9.58KB, Downloaded 328 times)
  • Attachment: new-032.png
    (Size: 52.93KB, Downloaded 302 times)
Re: Getting started with CDT development [message #1780376 is a reply to message #1779587] Sun, 21 January 2018 22:46 Go to previous message
Nathan Ridge is currently offline Nathan RidgeFriend
Having many errors like this is often related to the Target Platform. In Window -> Preferences -> Plug-in Development -> Target Platform, make sure the "cdt" target definition is selected. "Reload" sometimes helps. Clicking "Edit" and then "Finish" in the resulting dialog without making any changes also sometimes helps. After doing one of these, restart Eclipse, wait for pending jobs (things like "Load Target Platform" and "Building workspace") to finish, and see if the errors have gone away.

Note that, even with a correct target platform, I typically see 100-200 errors (but not 13000 like in your screenshot). I think that's normal, and it doesn't prevent you from doing development.

Finally, note that the best place to ask questions like this, about doing development work on CDT, is the CDT Developers mailing list (https://accounts.eclipse.org/mailing-list/cdt-dev).
Previous Topic:Project -> Build Automatically option - where in Oxygen?
Next Topic:How to debug binaries with cdtdebug.sh from command line?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 19:26:33 GMT 2024