Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Gcov doesn't work after update to Oxygen 2(Unable to profile code coverage with MinGW Gcov )
Gcov doesn't work after update to Oxygen 2 [message #1779551] Tue, 09 January 2018 14:13 Go to next message
Vadym Mischuk is currently offline Vadym MischukFriend
After winter holidays I returned to my project and noticed, that I am unable to profile code coverage when running unit tests like I did before. I tried running profiling with different configurations, however no one is working. When trying to perform profiling I just see my executable running and nothing more - no error messages, no code coverage window (.gcda and .gcno files are generated during compilation). I think this is caused by update from Oxygen to Oxygen.2, however I am not sure. Can you give me any advice on what should I do to make profiling work properly or to understand what is the root cause of such behavior?

Eclipse Version: Oxygen.2 Release (4.7.2)
Build id: 20171218-0600
MinGW compiler
Re: Gcov doesn't work after update to Oxygen 2 [message #1779899 is a reply to message #1779551] Mon, 15 January 2018 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It seems that was not eclipse, but MinGW error, because when I try running any command line utility it gave me error "0 [main] us 0 init_cheap: VirtualAlloc pointer is null, Win32 error 487". After I switched to the cygwin compiler and modified system path, so cygwin shell utilities are used everything is pretty OK.
Re: Gcov doesn't work after update to Oxygen 2 [message #1779900 is a reply to message #1779551] Mon, 15 January 2018 14:29 Go to previous message
It seems that was not eclipse, but MinGW error, because when I try running any command line utility it gave me error "0 [main] us 0 init_cheap: VirtualAlloc pointer is null, Win32 error 487". After I switched to the cygwin compiler and modified system path, so cygwin shell utilities are used everything is pretty OK.
Previous Topic:EROR on Start
Next Topic:"Invoking CDT Builder" takes long time
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 08:42:51 GMT 2024