Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Color settings broken after switching to dark theme and back - Eclipse Oxygen.2 and CDT 9.4(Macro expansion popup background (black) and font color (something dark) are messed up)
Color settings broken after switching to dark theme and back - Eclipse Oxygen.2 and CDT 9.4 [message #1779505] Mon, 08 January 2018 21:55
Kuro Burki is currently offline Kuro BurkiFriend
I am running Eclipse on a Linux desktop. My OS is RHEL 7.4 with Cinnamon 3.6.7 (64-bit). I have upgraded to latest released version of Eclipse CDT (Oxygen). I have faced this problem in previous versions of Eclipse as well. Whenever I switch to a Dark Theme in Eclipse and then revert to Classic Theme, some of the color settings get messed up and making it unreadable. For example, after I switched to Dark theme and back, the popup for Macro expansion and pop up for peek-view of functions have black background while rest of the application shows white background. Text inside these is not visible. It's counter productive! Only workaround is to create a new workspace and import existing projects into the workspace. It becomes tedious if I have to do this everytime. Due to the SWT and GTK+ dependency, switching my Cinnamon DE to a dark theme also messes up the Eclipse display settings. I wish it can be kept isolated from changes to Cinnamon themes.
Previous Topic:eclipse open declaration not working properly
Next Topic:Integrate Docker GDB container in Eclipse with host gdb-server
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 21:41:39 GMT 2024