Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » MinGW CreateProcess error=2(Build error on initial Eclipse / MinGW setup)
MinGW CreateProcess error=2 [message #1779355] Fri, 05 January 2018 17:21 Go to next message
just humm is currently offline just hummFriend
I am very new to the C++ world and this is the first compiler that I am trying to set up for myself...

I recently installed Eclipse Helios Service Release 2 Build id: 20110218-0911. And I also installed mingw32 6.3.0-1.

After reading varioius threads and the Eclipse "Getting Started" information, I modified the PATH Environment Variable (USER: CONFIG) as follows:
C:\MinGW;C:\MinGW\bin;(various default folders);C:\eclipse;C:\MinGW\libexec\gcc\mingw32\6.3.0;
C:\MinGW\libexec\gcc\mingw32\3.4.5

When I try to use "Build Project" for a simple example main.cpp, I keep getting the following error (below). Can anyone point out what I'm doing wrong and why Eclipse isn't finding the gcc/g++ file(s)?

Thanks!
**** Build of configuration Debug for project L5-EXAMPLE ****
**** Internal Builder is used for build               ****
g++ -IC:\MinGW\include\c++\3.4.5 (and various other folders)
-O0 -g3 -Wall -c -fmessage-length=0 -omain.o ..\main.cpp

Internal Builder: Cannot run program "g++" (in directory "C:\AKH-eclipsews\L5-Example\Debug"):
CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified
Build error occurred, build is stopped
Re: MinGW CreateProcess error=2 [message #1779394 is a reply to message #1779355] Fri, 05 January 2018 23:16 Go to previous message
just humm is currently offline just hummFriend
Never mind...I seemed to have stumbled over and grabbed an older install, somehow.

I installed the most recent version. Problem solved.

Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers
Version: Oxygen.2 Release (4.7.2)
Build id: 20171218-0600
Previous Topic:Build option definition - What about enablement extensionAdjustment attribute ?
Next Topic:Eclipse is extreme slow
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 02:32:23 GMT 2024