Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » BIRT Report with Images(How to reduce file size of PDF report output that contain images)
BIRT Report with Images [message #1779099] Tue, 02 January 2018 19:20 Go to next message
Birt Wiz is currently offline Birt WizFriend
We are using URI option in BIRT report to read the images from source location. The image file size (memory) is large at source location. There is no option to resize image quality/size at source as it is shared location. When the BIRT report is exported to PDF output, the PDF file size is also coming large due to the included images. Is there any way to reduce the image quality/size while reading the images within BIRT so the PDF file occupies less memory space? We tried Image DPI property at report level, but it didn't work. We also tried resizing the width and height properties, but it does not change the file memory size, though it changing the image display dimensions on output. Thanks in advance.
Re: BIRT Report with Images [message #1779663 is a reply to message #1779099] Thu, 11 January 2018 00:57 Go to previous message
Jo Pitts is currently offline Jo PittsFriend
Hi there. I'm a total n00b at BIRT but maybe something like this would work? I can't post a link as this is my first message by google image resize proxy. there is one called rsz.io that might be the go

Regards
Jo

Previous Topic:Hide chart column/series dynamically
Next Topic:BIRT datetime function
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:19:54 GMT 2024