Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Kura » build and deploy Kura using docker(looking for the way to build and run kura using otherthan eclipse.)
build and deploy Kura using docker [message #1778730] Wed, 20 December 2017 13:34 Go to next message
Raghu Akella is currently offline Raghu AkellaFriend
Hi ,

Machine : Linux Ubuntu 14.4

I did checkout the kura source code from svn. I followed the steps given in the below link to build kura but what I found was we need to use eclipse to run the kura linux simulatior.

https://wiki.eclipse.org/Kura/Getting_Started#Emulator

Is there any way to build kura using docker. In kura there is a directory called kura-docker
there I found docker file. When I run the docker file I am getting error. (That docker file mentioned fedora 24 but my machine is running on ubuntu)

Please help me

Thanks,
Raghav
Re: build and deploy Kura using docker [message #1778742 is a reply to message #1778730] Wed, 20 December 2017 16:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matteo Maiero is currently offline Matteo MaieroFriend
Hi,
currently there is no official Kura docker image.
What you have found are experiments regarding a possible Karaf integration but that work is currently on hold.

If you want to run the Kura emulator, currently the only stable option is to use the Eclipse IDE.
If you want to run the Kura framework like it was running in a device (e.g. Raspberry pi) you can find some unofficial builds in the docker repo.

Best regards,
Matteo

[Updated on: Wed, 20 December 2017 16:34]

Report message to a moderator

Re: build and deploy Kura using docker [message #1778767 is a reply to message #1778742] Thu, 21 December 2017 06:55 Go to previous message
Raghu Akella is currently offline Raghu AkellaFriend
Thanks for your kind response.
Previous Topic:Problem, creating new Wire Asset
Next Topic:kura build by using maven
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Nov 18 08:39:58 GMT 2018