Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Oxygen Update: Stop Object Teams Patch for JDT/Core showing up in Available Updates/Update Details
Oxygen Update: Stop Object Teams Patch for JDT/Core showing up in Available Updates/Update Details [message #1778566] Mon, 18 December 2017 00:07 Go to next message
John Salvo is currently offline John SalvoFriend
I have been using Eclipse Oxygen for about a month or so without applying any updates but installed things such as SpotBugs, SonarLint for Eclipse, Spring Tools, etc.

Now in the past week or so, when I check for Available Updates, the "Object Teams Patch for JDT/Core" shows up as 1 of 4 updates. The other 3 are Oomph Setup, SonarLint for Eclipse, and SpotBugs.

With regards to "Object Teams Patch for JDT/Core" it also says:

This feature is NOT a regular update of the JDT, but REPLACES the
org.eclipse.jdt.core plugin by the corresponding version for Object Teams.
This change makes the JDT Core capable to handle OT/J code.

I don't want this update and there is no option in the Available Updates / Update Details section to unselect this update ( or any update for that matter ).

I also saw that this has been an ongoing issue even with older Eclipse releases:

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=350133

.. but I cannot find anything "newer" or related to Oxygen.

Furthermore, when I did test to see what would happen ( e.g. I proceeded with the update ), things are "broken" in that, I cannot seem to open any files within Eclipse at all ( e.g. Java source files, WSDLs, XSDs, etc ). So I rolled back the installation to the one prior to applying the updates.

So now trying to figure out how to apply all other updates EXCEPT for the OJT Team Patch for JDT/Core.

Any ideas ?

Re: Oxygen Update: Stop Object Teams Patch for JDT/Core showing up in Available Updates/Update Detai [message #1778609 is a reply to message #1778566] Mon, 18 December 2017 16:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

The updates are offered by scanning your available sites. You can edit these to disable unwanted providers using the Manage... button of the Install New Software.... dialog. Disabling unwanted sites speeds things up as well.

If you can't figure out what to disable, you can instead note down what you want and visit the relevant project web sites to identify their update repositories or download zips.

(I prefer to save the download zips to disk so that I can create multiple installations without the delays and uncertainties of web connections. )

Regards

Ed Willink
Re: Oxygen Update: Stop Object Teams Patch for JDT/Core showing up in Available Updates/Update Detai [message #1778628 is a reply to message #1778609] Tue, 19 December 2017 02:41 Go to previous message
John Salvo is currently offline John SalvoFriend
Ed Willink wrote on Mon, 18 December 2017 16:53
Hi

The updates are offered by scanning your available sites. You can edit these to disable unwanted providers using the Manage... button of the Install New Software.... dialog. Disabling unwanted sites speeds things up as well.

If you can't figure out what to disable, you can instead note down what you want and visit the relevant project web sites to identify their update repositories or download zips.

(I prefer to save the download zips to disk so that I can create multiple installations without the delays and uncertainties of web connections. )

Regards

Ed Willink

Thanks. Apparently, I still have Eclipse Kepler ( http://download.eclipse.org/releases/kepler/ ) and Eclipse Neon ( http://download.eclipse.org/releases/neon/ ) updates enabled on my Eclipse Oxygen installation.

Disabled them both, now the Object Teams Patch update is no longer offered as an update.

Previous Topic:4.7-U-builds not available
Next Topic:Custom formatting using Eclipse AST
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:36:05 GMT 2024