Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » [Solved] Debug Framework: how to select item in Debug view
[Solved] Debug Framework: how to select item in Debug view [message #1777588] Thu, 30 November 2017 14:23 Go to next message
Christian Pontesegger is currently offline Christian PonteseggerFriend
I am implementing a custom debugger. While I am able to provide Process, Threads and StackFrames to the Debug view, I currently struggle to provide information, which elements should get expanded and which element should be the currently selected one.

In detail I would like to select the topmost stackframe on a suspend event.
By default I can only see the DebugTarget and the process. Threads are not expanded.

Are there any events I can use or do I need to directly interact with the LaunchView?

thanks
Christian

[Updated on: Tue, 05 December 2017 10:26]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Debug Framework: how to select item in Debug view [message #1777749 is a reply to message #1777588] Mon, 04 December 2017 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sarika Sinha is currently offline Sarika SinhaFriend
You can try using IShowInTarget if it helps your case.

Sarika Sinha
JDT Programmer
Re: Debug Framework: how to select item in Debug view [message #1777853 is a reply to message #1777749] Tue, 05 December 2017 10:25 Go to previous message
Christian Pontesegger is currently offline Christian PonteseggerFriend
Thanks, IShowInTarget is not what I meant.

In the meantime I found out that the topmost stackframe gets selected automatically when the debug model sends a suspend event for the Thread. If the suspend is triggered on the stackframe, the selection does not work.
Previous Topic:How to stop eclipse re-building other projects when trying to run one project
Next Topic:Copy Participant and Name Conflicts
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:38:22 GMT 2024