Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Xtext web support into Angular app
Xtext web support into Angular app [message #1777083] Fri, 24 November 2017 10:45 Go to next message
José Miguel P. is currently offline José Miguel P.Friend

Hi all!

I'm trying to integrate the Xtext Ace editor automatically generated by Xtext into an Angular 5 application, but I'm having problems problems witht the integration.

Have you anyone try this? Is there any example that I could see?

Thanks in advance.

Best.
Re: Xtext web support into Angular app [message #1777085 is a reply to message #1777083] Fri, 24 November 2017 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Karsten Thoms is currently offline Karsten ThomsFriend

Please try first getting the Web editor running without integration into Angular. If yu manage this, integration is just another step. It's just plain HTML/Javascript then with the language server running in the back. Don't tell that you forgot to start the server ;)

For a first start you could use the Yeoman generator:
https://blogs.itemis.com/en/get-your-first-web-enabled-dsl-running-in-60-seconds
Re: Xtext web support into Angular app [message #1777090 is a reply to message #1777085] Fri, 24 November 2017 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi!

Thanks for you reply and sorry for multiple post, I pressed several times the button and it posts it three times :(

Yes. I'm able to get the web editor running, out of Angular, and I'm also able to get Ace itself running inside of Angular.

My problem is with the integration step. I have to load extra js such as ace/ext/language_tools, xtext-ace that seems need jQuery. In that point is were I'm having the problems loading the scripts, and I'm not sure what exactly I need to load.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Xtext web support into Angular app [message #1777106 is a reply to message #1777090] Fri, 24 November 2017 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Karsten Thoms is currently offline Karsten ThomsFriend

I don't have a working example for that, might be interesting to know. Sorry, but I can't help more right now.
Re: Xtext web support into Angular app [message #1777107 is a reply to message #1777106] Fri, 24 November 2017 13:57 Go to previous message

It's ok.

Thanks for your replay. I will share the example if I finally can do this integration.

Best.
Previous Topic:Created Projet Wizard Could not be started - ClassNotFoundException
Next Topic:Formatter inner block indentation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 04:11:26 GMT 2024